Monday 2 December 2013

WHERE ARE MY MANNERS?

,

Okay, so now I have a hopefully functioning blog. Yippee! Let the drums roll out, let’s sing and dance because it’s really worth celebrating. I mean how many people in the world own a blog? Not so many I’m sure and now here I am with this new blog, standing on the frontline of the very few bloggers the world has ever produced. It’s a major achievement and totally awesome, I know. Please you can hold your applause (I do hope by now you have figured that this human being is unserious and is most likely making a dismal attempt at the art of sarcasm). *Giggles*...Don’t mind me jare. And just in case you’re still wondering what that was about...I really didn’t mean that; there are a gazillion blogs out there...really.
 
Now you’re probably wondering, “What’s wrong with this one now? She too now has a blog. What does she know that she wants to say sef?” Right, right?*wiggling brows* (Did I tell you I read minds? No? Good ‘cos I don’t). Well, it’s a good thing you asked because you’ve got the right person and quite candidly I don’t even know, we’ll just have to see were this goes. But before we drift too far away, I’ll have you know that this blog is mostly about God (don’t roll your eyes now). Your heart is almost certainly sinking several feet now in disappointment. “Choi! God? No gossip? Hot gist? Fashion? Sports?” you wonder. Well, sorry to be a letdown. That’s not my calling, really...*winks*. But, seriously before you close up the page (because really who wants to be hassled by some religious freak by this time of the day? Right?) I want you to at least hear me out first okay? Let’s have a deal, I’ll talk a little (through my posts), then you reply and tell me how you feel and what you think (by dropping a few comments) so it doesn’t seem like an awkward monologue...*secret smile*...then we can work something out from there. How’s that? Seems fair enough?

 Well, now that we have that settled, I’ll also want you to understand that this is not some
religious blog. It’s about God, in the realest, most practical and most elemental approach I can manage to come up with (I’m also counting on His help). It is the reflections of a girl in desperate search of God every single day, in every way possible and in all I do. It is my hope that you are also in on this search. But do you know the beauty of this? It’s that even before we began the search, God found us! How? By giving us His Son! So, our search now is not a mindless groping for a God who is far-flung but it is one where we freely and earnestly seek Him with all our heart knowing that He is near and is more than willing to even help us in our chase! Imagine, God even gave us a road map in our search for Him! How cool is that?!

 “...so we could seek after God, and not just grope around in the dark but actually find him. He doesn't play hide-and-seek with us. He's not remote; he's near...” (Acts 17:27-29) The Message Bible.

So, you see this blog is fundamentally about reaching out to God, even as His hands are poised to pick us up. It’s about relationship, not just with God but with people, in the God-kind-of-way. You get now? (Of course, I won’t mention the fact that I may decide sometimes to put a few ‘mes’ in there, somewhere). We’ll also try to help one another grow in grace.



 But, hold up a sec. Did I introduce myself? No?! *exaggerated gasp*. That’s just really ill-mannered of me. Where are my manners? (Anyone seen them?).  Oh well, let’s see if I can salvage the last shred of civility I have left. I’m Oyindamola Rachel Williams, a proudly Nigerian God lover. A confused person (I’m sure you didn’t need a stroke of genius to figure that one out, but you can still applaud yourself if it makes you feel happy) in search of God (I think we’ve covered that?). My motto; Love God, love people...the rest is details (Matthew 22:37-40). I’m faaar from perfect but I rest safely on the shoulders of a veeerrryyy perfect saviour, even as He makes me a clone of Himself. Oh and did I also point out that I’m a girl? No? Okay, that’ll be our little secret then *winks*. I’m a Kingdom Ambassador under cover as a college girl, I’m a princess, an heiress with a lotta other significant credentials (yeah, I permit you to roll your eyes now).  So, you are.....? Well, nice meeting you...

Alrighty, thank you sooooooooooooooooooo (*exhale*) much for visiting. I don’t take for granted the fact that your time is really precious and you decided to spend some of it here with me. Thank you again *hugs* (OMG! I think I’m gonna cry!) *hehehehe...yah riiite!*. But, seriously (*sober face now*) I really do appreciate it...and YOU!!  Please do stopover again, sometime soon; you’re ALWAYS welcome, by us (me and God – we run this show together). And I do solemnly declare that I’ll try my best to make the visits worth your time and effort. 

Love ya to Pluto and back!!


3 comments to “WHERE ARE MY MANNERS?”

  • 7 December 2013 at 04:31
    Unknown says:

    wow colour me impressed!...this is just beautiful!..I think i know yhur secret super power (apart writing ofcourse)...coming up with nicknames!..God girl honeybee the real oyin...yhu try. God is yhur strength...I pray God fights a jealous battle over yhur life...its always nice to see people who arent ashamed of the gospel...God bless you honey! once again this is beautiful!

  • 8 December 2013 at 02:08
    funmipink says:

    I agree with Lamina. You have a nice thing here oyin. I pray God gives you the grace to continue no matter what. :). oh and I love the writing too.

  • 18 December 2013 at 14:39
    Unknown says:

    Woah..thank you! um..about the names, I actually think they're lame but I'm glad you think not...@Funmi thanks a bunch...amen o...and it's great you write too...more strength!
    Thanks for visiting!

Post a Comment

Catalog

 

GOD GIRL Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger Templates